在 adidas Skate Copa 活动中，台湾/日本著名滑板摄影师也前来一同拍摄，我们顺便带来了 Kenji Haruta 的访谈，看看他对现在的滑板摄影有什么看法，还有对想要在未来成为滑板摄影师的年轻摄影师带来什么建议。
Kenji：我从开始拍片时候就用的佳能的机子。我喜欢鱼眼和长焦的感觉，通常我会用三个 Godox 闪光灯。在商业摄影方面我更喜欢用富士相机。
机身:Canon 5dmarkiii and Xpro1
Kenji：1. Anthony Acosta，2. Joe Brook，3. Mike O’meally
Mike O’meally 作品
KickerClub：在给 adidas Skatecopa Court 上海拍摄时有什么好玩的事情
Kenji：本来我是没有去给 Copa Court 上海当摄影师的打算的，因为之前我问了 Push Media 的 Charlie 有没有缺摄影师，他说那边都安排好了。结果第二天 Charlie 打电话给我说有个摄影师取消了行程，于是这个机会给了我，我很幸运。现场有两名摄影师，一个是我，另一个是我非常喜欢的摄影师之一 Jeff Landi。和他一起拍摄我学到了很多。
Jeff Landi 作品
Kenji：美国欧洲还有澳洲这些地方摄影师可以专心拍照来养活自己。在亚洲，我们的媒体平台还很少，这就说明了滑板摄影师的客户很少。我觉得像 KickerClub 这样的媒体平台对我们来说非常有价值。我希望未来滑板品牌会签下职业滑手和摄影师摄像师这些和自己品牌价值观一致的人成为公司一员。
美国著名摄影师 Allen Ying 作品
1. Please introduce yourself! (where are you from, how many years you have been skate and took photos… how did you start to skate and took photos…)
I’m from Okinawa. I’ve been shooting skateboard photography for almost 10 years. I’ve learned Mandarin at Taiwan I took classes.
2. What equipment will you carry out for skateboarding photo shoot? why use that? 3. What cameras are you using besides commercial filming?
I’m using the Canon camera body and lenses since starting how to shoot photos.
Basically I like the angle of view of fisheye and long lens and I usually use three godox strobes.
The case of the commercial job I’d rather use the Fujifilm than the Canon.
Camera body:Canon 5dmarkiii and Xpro1
4. During the photo shooting, how to coordinate with the skater’s point of view?(better if you have an example)
The most important thing is to understand the skater who you gonna shoot.
As you know photo and video are leads to the impression of the skaters.
You need to capture really carefully moment because it affects their future.
5. Top three favorite skateboarding photographers and top three favorite skateboarding photos.
1. Anthony Acosta
2. Joe Brook
3. Mike O’meally
6. Anything interesting when you working for the Adidas Copa Court Shanghai?
Originally I haven’t planned to join Adidas Copa Court Shanghai as a photographer a week ago.
I asked to Charlie from push media if there is a work of photography on the day of the event but Unfortunately everything was all set.
The next day Charlie contacted me because there was a cancellation from the photographer and this opportunity came up to me, I was really lucky.
There were two official photographers and it was me and a my big favorite photographer Jeff Landi.
I am honored to be able to work with him and learned a lots.
7. What’s that you proud of the most so far, what’s the story behind that works?
The first time I took a cover in Transworld skateboarding Japan magazine. I got a request from the editor of Transworld Skateboarding Japan to shot the cover and 12P feature.
When taking the cover photo I tried to ensure space neat logo enters the top of the photo.
It was really fresh because I never shoot photo while conscious of the space where the logo would be included.
I was super stoked and I remember having taken my mother to the bookstore when the books lined up.
8. How does the living condition to be a skateboarding photographer in U.S., Japan, Taiwan and China as you know? (the opportunities, the pay, and the career path)
The area of US/EU/Australia except the skate photographer who’s working in skate company they’re making living by taking pictures other than skating.
In the Asia we have fewer media platforms it means the skate photographers clients is limited.
So I think the media platform like Kicker Club is tremendously valuable for us.
I hope that in the future the skate brands will adopt pro skaters and skate photographers and filmers as members of the company and more people have qualified opinions inside the brand.
9. How’s the vibe between Shanghai skateboarding and Taiwan and Japan in your opinion?
Since Shanghai has become a destination for skaters all over the world it seems that the skaters in Shanghai is very stylish that’s why I guess they’re seeing pro-skaters often and learning from them. It may be a different point from Taiwan and Japan.
10. Please share some advice to the young skateboard photographers
Choose the right skater and spot. When suffering from motivation, to rival a big name photographer.